The biggest problem with visiting Japan and being a sports lover is finding out where the games are and how to get to the games. While there is ample information about when the games are, it can be difficult to know how to get there; where to sit; and what to do at the games. This is part of a series of posts designed to help you navigate to the stadium and enjoy the game as much as possible rather than getting lost in what to do.
*All information is valid as of the start of the 2018 season and subject to change.
- Name: MAZDA Zoom-Zoom Stadium Hiroshima
- Location: Minami-ku, Hiroshima
- Team: Hiroshima Toyo Carp
- Main Station: Hiroshima Station (10 minute walk)
- Alternative Stations: Tenjingawa Station; Matoba-cho Stop; Danbara 1-Chome Stop
- Capacity: 33,000
Mazda Zoom-Zoom Stadium Hiroshima only has one main tenant, Hiroshima Toyo Carp. The Hiroshima Toyo Carp is a Nippon Professional Baseball Team playing in the Central League.
Mazda Zoom-Zoom Stadium Hiroshima is easily accessed from Hiroshima Station. It is serviced by the following lines:
- JR Sanyo Main Line
- JR Kabe Line
- JR Kure Line
- JR Geibi Line
- JR Sanyo Shinkansen
- Hiroden Street Car Lines 1, 2, 5, & 6
The easiest way to access the Mazda Zoom-Zoom Stadium Hiroshima is to go to Hiroshima Station. Head out the south exit and follow the tracks to the stadium.
Alternatively, if you are taking the JR Sanyo Main Line or JR Kure Line, you can alight at Tenjingawa Station. After you alight, head to the south side of the tracks and then west along the tracks to the stadium.
If you are taking the Hiroden streetcar Line 5, you can alight at Danbara 1-chome. For Lines 1, 2, and 6 you can alight at Matoba-cho. Head north across the river from either stop, then continue north and at the train tracks turn right to get to the stadium.
Most seats for Hiroshima Toyo Carp games tend to sell out very quickly. Fan club members can often purchase tickets in advance of the general public.
Note: The official Hiroshima Toyo Carp website has information in English but some seats are not mentioned. For this reason we will list the Japanese names of the seats. Also note that most seats sell out very quickly.)
- Front Dug Out Seats (正面砂かぶり席)
- Kirin Seat, Infield Side Dug Out (内野砂かぶり)
- Left Field Ground Seats (外野砂かぶり席) – Reserved Seats
- SS/S Seats (SS・S 指定席) – Reserved Seats
- Infield Seats A/B (内野指定席 A B) – Reserved Seats
- Outfield Reserved (外野指定席) – Reserved Seats
- Infield Unreserved (内野自由席) Unreserved Seats (Possible Seat Vacancies)
- Sky Seat (スカイシート) – Reserved Seats
- 7-11 Seat, Sleeping Sobelia (7-11 シート寝ソベリア) – (Special cushions for up to 2 people) – Reserved Seats
- Carp Performance A/B (カープパフォーマンスA・B)
- Visitor Performance (ビジターパフォーマンス) – Visiting Team Fans Only
- Coca-Cola Terrace (コカ・コーラテラスシート) – Special tables for groups of 5, 6, or 7
- Gate Bridge (ゲートブリッジ) – Special picnic tables for groups up to 6 people
- Kirin Fresh Tea Carp Sajiki (キリン 生茶シート鯉桟敷) – Special tables for groups up to 8 people
- Premium Terrace (プレミアムテラス) – Special tables for groups up to 8 people
- Cozy Terrace (コージーテラス) – Special tables for groups up to 7 people
- Hiroshima PARCO Party Deck (広島パルコ パーティーベランダ) – Special plaza for groups up to 150 people
- Luxury Floor (ラグジュアリーフロア) – Special room for groups up to 50 people
- Hiroshima Bank Party Floor (ひろぎんパーティーフロア) – Special plaza for groups up to 200 people. Smaller group plans of 30 and 20 are also available
- Party Deck (パーティーデッキ ) – 2 special decks for groups up to 25 and 20 people respectively
- Asahi Super Dry Sports Bar (アサヒスーパードライスポーツバー) – Special bar for groups up to 40 people
- EBARA’s Surprising Rich Taste Terrace (エバラ黄金の味 びっくりテラス) – Special deck for groups up to 100, 50, or 40 people.
- EBARA’s Surprising Rich Taste Grill (エバラ黄金の味 パーティーグリル) – Special barbecue deck for groups up to 20 people.
- A Bit Surprising Terrace (ちょっと びっくりテラス) – Special barbecue deck for groups up to 30 or 25 people.
- Object Deck (オブジェデッキ) – Special deck with interesting objects and a barbecue for groups up to 37 people.
- Outdoor Deck (アウトドアデッキ) – Two special decks for groups up to 40 or 30 people.
Note: Mazda Zoom-Zoom Stadium Hiroshima has lots of special seating for people in wheelchairs but it is not listed here.
Hiroshima Toyo Carp does not offer English services for purchasing tickets. Tickets can be purchased at the box office from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Hiroshima Toyo Carp has many options for purchasing tickets in Japanese:
- Hiroshima Toyo Carp (Official Team Site)
- 7-Eleven Online Shop
- Lawson Ticket
- Ticket Pia Online Shop
- e+ Online Shop
- Lawson/Mini Stop
- Family Mart
- Circle K/Sunkus
- Shops with a Ticket Pia Machine
Same Day Tickets
Buying tickets on the day of the game, or at the stadium, is a big risk. Most games are typically sold out or nearly sold out, especially for home seats. Visitor seats are not always sold out but assume that they will be difficult to purchase.
There are several merchandise shops in and around the stadium on game day. There are also a few merchandisers selling a small variety of goods on the main stretch between JR Hiroshima Station and the Mazda Zoom-Zoom Stadium Hiroshima.